PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption Competition Mk II
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2020, 11:25
Martin the Martian

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts
Terrific job as usual, chaps.

Special mentions:

MPN11: “Yes, camouflage is important. That’s why we have this little two-tone blue roundel, hiding between these huge white squadron code letters.” (Even when I was making Airfix kits as a ten-year-old I always thought there was something iffy about that.)

Nutloose: Yes, some bloody civi dumped this on our forecourt, and we've had it ever since..

c52: When I say that the Hurricane was a world-beating aircraft, you have to understand that in those days, "world-beating" meant what it says. Not, as it means today, "desperately hopeless".

In third place is Kiltrash, who captures the zeitgeist of the current age: ' Julie ' thinks... just because the CO wants to be seen as all inclusive why did I have to be picked to dress in girls clothing today? For a visit to a cold draughty hangar....Still it does feel nice on my skin.. might volunteer again ...

In second place is treadigraph, who is being very naughty: Yes, indeed we can put up seven fighters and a bomber at one time, which is more than the other unit based here can normally manage...

But top prize goes to 622:

"It's great that your Grandad fought in the battle of Britain Julie, we have some archives here...perhaps we can go and see if we can find some pictures..and maybe a Squadron photograph...what was his name?"

"Adolf von Hinkelman Sir"

So well done, 622. I'm off to feed the ducks, and you can find something suitable to put up for the next competition.