PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern on the hunt again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 10:01
logansi

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Under full sails 40% of planes sitting momentarily down sounds OK, my guesstimate is 1/3 including the units under maintenance.

That is how I view my figures, out of 100 aircraft around 60 should be airborne in the afternoon. 27 actually flying does not paint a victorious picture of recovery.

But there are significant differences among Airlines, e. g. my Loongair numbers seem as busy as it gets. Well, besides the longhaul fleets who are truly screwed everywhere.

Even in China you can expect median 4 legs on n individual airframe, running at 50% enables to have each ship do 1 turnaround and the whole fleet looks active, but still delivering half of the block hours.
Agree, biggest lagers are HNA group airlines, Air China and Shanghai Airlines. Hainan and Air China rebuild hurt a bit by their exposure to Beijing which has had higher travel restrictions, Shanghai Airlines can be a result of bigger focus on the parent China Eastern who are the most active of the big 3. Others like Xiamen and Shandong Airlines doing quite well too.

Regardless ALL chinese airlines are doing far better than any other airlines right now! ShaSndongSShandongShandong Shandong