PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2020, 13:45
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Last night had dinner with old Virgin LHR pals (Ground staff and CC) who are still at Virgin LHR - All on furlough until Oct and then will take statutory redundancy, no jobs offered to most, but 'some selective' staff got jobs offered to them, either a newly named position, or offered a drastically awful contract on annualised hours.
VS Pals had 23-35 years then you are on the heap at nearly or at 60 years of age -
Yes many of you of course are in the same position all over our industry suffering the same pain.

Virgin at Gatwick is gone - Staff told VS will never go back there. No jobs offered elsewhere so they said.

Virgin Atlantic seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code, which simply allows a foreign debtor to shield it's assets in the country, but is of course a major development as far as UK staff are concerned.

CC Pals on BA worldwide fleet - some had 35-41 years service and all but one have pushed the 'to go' button
Only one has elected to stay and wait to be selected for a job in the new BA CC fleet, he is almost 60.
I told him he was mad and would earn more at Waitrose but he loves his flying job, it is his life, we all know what that means.
Sad for all concerned I really feel for them. I miss seeing VS at LGW