PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cannot access PPRuNe due to the Trustarc GDPR login cookie pop-up
Old 17th Aug 2020, 17:33
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cannot access PPRuNe from PC running Firefox

Same issue as reported in the thread re: access from an iPad. There's a problem with the new Trustarc GDPR thing, that seems to cause a script to hang, blocking the site completely. This is a screenshot showing the problem (the "loading" wheel just perpetually spins):

Clearing cookies, all cached data, disabling all browser add-ons, restarting the browser etc doesn't fix it, the only way I can get access to PPRuNe at the moment is by using an old PC that's running Palemoon on Windows 7. It seems as if it may be browser specific, although in this post there's mention of a similar problem with an iPad: https://www.pprune.org/computer-inte...rune-ipad.html

I've run out of things to try, now, so am guessing that it may be something within the Trustarc feature that isn't 100% compatible with all browsers. In case it's any help in diagnosis, the Trustarc pop-up didn't appear at all on this old PC running the Palemoon browser, it seems only to pop-up in Firefox (haven't yet tried Safari, will have a look as soon as my wife's stopped using the Mac).