PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 08:24
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Elzilho, one minute its the minimums from MOH that AirNZ adhere to and god forbid anything more, and it has to be a virologist to know better, to now ANZ does know bettter than Bloomfield to go beyond, and have virologists apparently working for you, which is it?
Clearly going to the media did cause the company to make changes and seperate crew from international and domestic duties.
Yes there is a risk, and people at the coal-face make suggestions on how to reduce that risk. Just because management did not think of it doesn't make it inherently wrong in the first instance.
So quick to make it personal as you have done before on here, is that your only way to debate? I am not sure why you seek to be so controlling and use such a bully tactic. This is a internet forum not your place of work and you have no authority over me. Air NZ operates in the public arena and as such are open to scrutiny just as are politicians and the like, and there will not be a barrier to that scrutiny on pprune just because you don't like it.

Mattyj, the article talks about the policy of lockdowns -that different countries did 'lockdown' differently, and includes economic effects. That the USA needs to change its policy as the way it did an attempted lockdown did not work. What would be considered a lockdown for USA might not be what we in NZ would call a lockdown. Also, some countries were unprepared and did their lockdowns much later rather than early. Incorporating these other factors sees some lockdowns considered a 'failure' by the Economic Research website. Some of that reference graph data does not give % proportion of the population but instead total number of deaths which is misleading. The first case graphs are also meaningless, a lockdown is about preventing the spread.

Last edited by DeltaT; 13th Aug 2020 at 12:16.