PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of arapa
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 06:28
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coronavirus - clearly we didn't fly together ;-)

Thanks to the failure of TA16 and TA18 we don't have any pesky legal restrictions on changes to ARAP or HKPA. Minor changes can be done with impunity, wholesale changes are 'challengeable' in court. But given the economic environment we find ourselves in, what would be considered 'wholesale' with an airline making a profit vs 'wholesale' with an airline losing $1.5Billion a month is debatable.

There has been a long term degradation in our terms. It is not the newcomer's fault - I remember some on A scale complaining about B scalers arriving. Then ASL - then COS08, then HKPA, then COS18. If the deal was so bad, people wouldn't come. Market forces!

A year from now I will be grateful to have/keep my job - I will be even more grateful if my employment terms(I mean $$$) are close to what I got prior to SLS. I will be gob smacked if they are the same. As the saying goes, never waste a crisis. All airlines will try to make themselves leaner out of all this. And that means- us - where else can they trim?

PS to spelling and grammar nazis - I do numbers not English - fire away at errors but I don't care ;-)