PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PSA: Private aviation is booming right now
Old 9th Aug 2020, 06:59
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also tend to agree that for some time there will be more opportunities in business aviation than in airlines. Most, if not all business jet pilots I know in Europe have been flying quite steadily since the first stage of border reopening in June. I would say that charter ops are better positioned than owner right now because the ownership costs may be a deterrent in times of cost-cutting. Many charter companies offer some seriously good loyalty programmes with great discounts for pre-paid blocks of flight time, so their use makes sense even for someone who flies frequently. Also, in charter ops, you as a pilot are never on call 24/7. You have a roster like in airline which does include standby time, but also fixed days off, planned flights which are known about weeks in advance and provisions for booking your annual leave in advance. And, if the client is happy, you might get some tips after the flight. So, if you're looking for your next flying job - that's another opportunity worth looking into.