PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPRB 2020
Thread: AFPRB 2020
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2020, 07:46
alfred_the_great

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I hear your points about leadership but can you honestly say that a non-aircrew Officer will really understand air power to a sufficient enough level to command an armed force whose primary role is the delivery of just that?

Many may take me to task on that issue but, pettiness aside, does anyone honestly think an adminer should be in charge of the RAF?

AtG. Andy Pulford might disagree with your last post. He might also ask you to remove the chip from your shoulder.
Whilst I understand your post was probably meant as banter, so was mine.

BV
what is most interesting is that nearly all the RAF People I know are far less arrogant than the median on here.

None of the pilots (or WSOs) want to achieve high rank, mainly because they'd have to stop flying fairly early on - because the route to the top now involves a combination of capability management experience with proven financial skills.

Given that that none of the sS Chiefs are used to direct combat power, I fail to understand why your spatial perception, 2.4km run time or hand eye co-ordination should be the ultimate filter to become one.