PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 757 pilot had history of hairy landings
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 20:16
deltahotel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve looked at the report and the remedial work is about what I’d expect any decent airline to give to a struggling student. Since I have no access to the recruiting system I can’t comment on their methods or preferences. S*** happens. Generally I’d put effort into trying to fix a single handling problem if the rest of the work is good - SOPs, CRM etc.

I can understand a TC letting it go as long as poss - no one wants to be the one to end a dream - but I can’t help feeling earlier intervention would have been the right thing to do.

I’m interested that there were two TCs on board. That would seem to put pressure on pressure, but it’s not my trainset. JFP seems to have a good insight into training methods at J2, certainly more then me.

For me, this is nothing to with pc - perhaps if a job offer doesn’t come your way, maybe that could be inferred. On the other hand, if you’re now working in freight then maybe the outcome is not so bad! From the outside looking in it seems that the airline chimes right in the way it does training business.

Best wishes to all