PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2003, 16:47
Dances with Boffins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Six 4

We got privatised, we have to live with it. Nobody thinks it was a good idea, but it has happened. Simply sticking our collective heads in the sand and wishing for some miracle to happen will surely be the death of the company. I for one do not want that to happen, if only for the reason that I'm too old and lazy to start looking for a new job. I like the one I've got. The simple fact is that our beloved employer is not too strong at the moment, due to past events. Blaming people won't fix it. Whingeing about pay awards won't help. Maybe we should all try and pull together, if only temporarily, in order to keep the rickety old ship ploughing onward.
If you think that the management needs changing, apply for the job. We need more proper managers, not just people who can't be ATCOs any more. [Apologies to those ex-ATCOs who are actually making a decent job of management, you all know who you are].

DWB

P.S. I don't understand the Irish thing either, if it makes any difference. They've been after that particular slice of sky for years