PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The state of aviation
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2020, 15:21
Turnleft080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
I just emailed a CV for laughs, run down,

Total Time - 4999.0 hours ( but I can hire a C150 for an hour at own cost to make the shortfall)
Big bores Continental Engines - More than a thousand hours (I fitted a third pod to the Seminole during IFR training, big bore engine windmilling, man that 2 engine out performance was really bad!)
Lean of Peak Experience - Lots of experience only 17 cracked Cylinders in 4999 hours, includes 1 cracked in a C150 (It was a piece of junk anyway
1000 hours regional flying, Yep with 4999 hours I can safely say 1000 was in a Regional areas. I landed on lots of Bush Strips, including RWY 18
at YBSU, it got closed because of short length and dangerous crosswinds, and that was in a Jabiru...
Small Pressurised Airplanes, Once I was transporting LPG gas’s cylinders which leaked the entire flight, pressurised my C172 cockpit, had to manage the pressurisation to avoid explosion.(ie put the ciggy out)
IFR ? Yeah of course I do follow roads, Class 1 medical? Don’t be silly that’s a given. In fact it’s a Class 0.99 medical, even better than the 1.0 version. 0.99% of requirements met is what I mean..
Dear Angle of Attack
My name is Richard Jones I'm the Flight Director of NASA's new space shuttle program working in coordination with
SpaceX program.
Our new space shuttle program consists of 6 brand new shuttles that are presently in assembly (first one will roll out next week)
will have glass and touch screen flight controls.
I know it's not the appropriate time and place (on PPrune) to advise you that we have throughly analysed with a fine tooth comb
of your credentials, your aptitude and knowledge of operating technical equipment. We NASA are extremely happy to invite you
to our program, interview permitting, which is a formality. Your selection is important to us in that of diversifying our crew, providing an
Aussie (Andy being the first) located around the Tropic of Capricorn, will demonstrate the world coming together.
I must say your C150 time more importantly operating a Seminole with 3 continental engines is exactly the person we are looking
for as it replicates the back end of a space shuttle tri-motor thrust dynamics.
Since you have cracked 17 cylinders, we know for sure your highly unlikely to do a 18th. Word of advice with your NASA interview
you maybe asked, What do you do when we call for throttle up? Answer, apply mixture full rich. You may also add, this happens
at FL500 at Mach 2. which also represents burning an Olympic size swimming pool of fuel every 25sec.That will show the interview
panel you have done your homework.
Having expertise in LPG in pressurising C172 also demonstrates your chemistry is fundamental as we deal with a lot of gas/liquids that are
stored in large tanks. Your class 1 or any lower is well above the fitness levels for experiencing any degree of G force.
Finally I'm attaching this youtube vid to give you inspiration and an example of the shuttle's handling characteristics.
Very shortly you will liaise with our Chief NASA test director, Assit NASA test director on other protocols.
I hope you take this opportunity to advance your career and we very much look forward to welcoming you to the team.
However if you decide to decline our offer we understand that flying a pressurised C210R out of YSBU certainly out rates and supersedes
any space program.
Your sincerely

Richard Jones.