PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lt(jg) Maddy Swegle USN
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2020, 01:57
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Back off, sport. Now. Stand the f*** down.

You are crapping on someone who did that hard thing: try to drink through a fire hose. I am painfully familiar with the accountant/bean counter initiative to reduce the T-45 syllabus "length" by "ten percent" due to it being "so costly" to train fast jet pilots.

Her predecessors in Fast Jet Land got to fly T-2 and A-4 (CQing in both) before the bean counting scum tried to make it all more "cost effective" - and the original T-45 syllabus did that due to good use of better sims and syllabus design that applied about 60 years of lessons learned in pilot training.

And then the accountants got involved. They took what "was" in the expensively designed T-45 syllabus and claimed that a 10% (actually, more than 10%) reduction in syllabus length was somehow justified. (morons, and not a one an aviator). Not on aviation grounds, but on fiscal grounds.

You gotta a lotta damn nerve to throw any shade on her or any of her contemporaries.
F*** off.
And stay f**'ed.
I bow to your well-presented, logical, and factual argument. And I understand your frothing at the mouth due to bean counters destabilizing an established and well proven training environment. Just confirm you do live in the land of free speech? Or is it the one where if you don’t agree with me or say something I find disagreeable I’ll blow you away?

Read it again Fred. “Someone” is the giveaway. I did not say Lt(jg) Maddy Swegle USN is only there because she is female.

No specific shade on her but certainly on contemporaries. In our world where due to lack of representation of the population based on gender, race and religion, standards have changed to allow more percentage based representation. I did not specify that this person got where she was without ability. I did state that this is the case in a lot of areas and that this dilutes her achievements when people continually see people given/placed in position not based on their ability but based on positive discrimination. Indefensible? Really what world do you live in if you do not believe that positive discrimination is at work. I have no problem with the situation where there are applicants that are similar in qual’s with the position being given based on this. I do have a gripe with positions being given to people, based on positive discrimination, when there are significantly better applicants that are passed over to meet the Politicians demands. The end result of this is we have people failing, which is good for no-one, not the company (read military) nor the individual. Or people being passed based on rearranged standards. If you do not think this happens, well being blind to reality is to be pitied.