PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Schools - South East
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 13:10
afctom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Gittins
Suggest that rather than ask the question again, you browse (or search) some of the previous responses .. maybe starting just a couple of posts below. [personally I fly at Redhill and am very happy there.]

It may depend what you want to do but I have heard that if you intend to get fully trained from ab initio by an airline, that they won't take too kindly to you having got a PPL and (their words not mine) a load of bad habits not in keeping with the airline in question's SOPs and "way of doing stuff".

However after CV-19 who knows what'll happen.
Thanks Dave. Please be assured that I have spent many hours/days/weeks searching this forum as to hopefully avoid repeating the same questions somebody else has asked. Redhill and Stapleford are 70/90 minute journeys each way respectively so are certainly out of the question for me unfortunately. I really like the look of Stapleford though and have considered their on-site accommodation for an intensive course.

Yes that's also a concern of mine, but again based on what I've read on here, the general consensus seems to be that choice of school for PPL alone isn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things, and what's most important is a positive learning environment to nail the basics. Which is also a reason for the post - I didn't get that from either of the places I enquired with!