PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2003, 01:34
Connex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greebson –

I am not anti-ATCO, I am pro-fairness across the board - and this refers to anyone, anything and everything within NATS. I am not inciting anti-ATCO feeling as you suggest. Judging by conversations amongst my own colleagues, I have no need to help with this!! (it’s a pity that more ATSAs do not join in the pay debate, whatever their opinion) I am, however, trying to highlight internal differences of opinion which cause friction between grades. There is nothing more certain to cause trouble than the issue of money. The two Unions and their members do not work together, as the concept of Union membership desires. Just for once, it would be great for us all if we could all work together towards the goal (the pay rise) and not follow the usual ‘non-cooperation’ line which has prevailed in the past. Just out of interest, what’s your view on having just one Union for all NATS ATC staff? (Answer on the back of a stamp using a whitewash brush, no doubt.)

Gonzo –

Ahh, I have heard about you and your legendary culinary expertise. As you are obviously on such good terms with them, have you asked any of your own ATSA colleagues what they think about the pay issue? I’ll check with a couple of LL friends and see! Also, I thought that liason visits were to see how other Units operated, and not to be used as “rally-to-the-cause” meetings. The fact that I personally would like to see us all working together as a team, and not the “sham-team” of reality, is my choice. Each of us should have enough savvy to decide where we stand on this and every issue, and follow that decision accordingly. I am not calling for “increasing unity” from anyone. Whatever I post on this forum is my own opinion only – I do not speak for anybody else.

Nogbad the Bad –

I am waiting to see if anybody posts any information about the ATSA position in the negotiations. This thread is about NATS Pay/WP, not ATCO pay/WP. What Prospect and its members do has implications for the rest of us. Therefore the topic under discussion is relevant to the ATSA position. If you don’t like that, then I suggest you apply the same ‘remedy’ I suggested to Jerricho in my last post.
and !!

Dances with Boffins -

just read your post - couldn't agree more. Now where do we start?