PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pay/WP
Thread: NATS Pay/WP
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2003, 00:31
Dances with Boffins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, reality calling.....

I can't speak for other NATS units, but at mine we have some managers who are actually trying to help sort out some of the c**p within our company. We have learned from them that the company can only afford to give us XXX pounds total as a wage rise this year, without borrowing more from the banks. If we all throw our toys and demand more than XXX, then the company will either have to borrow more [not a good idea] or lose some staff to pay for it - which would mean we would all have to work even harder than we are at present. Hands up all those who want to work harder.

Isn't it time that we all. ATCOs ATSAs Engineers Admin, cleaners whatever, started to fight to keep the whole sodding edifice afloat, rather than comparing our poor sorry conditions to others abroad. We work here 'cos we want to work here, no-one is forcing us. We do however have the power to weaken the company to the extent that it goes t**ts up, and PDQ. ATCOs would be okay, as they would be re-employed by whoever picked up the bits [but you can bet that it wouldn't be under nearly such cosy conditions as NATS offer]. Everyone else would be left to rot.

We can keep working for NATS, and await a brighter future, or kick it to death while it is suffering the after effects of some crap circumstances, and some p**s awful management decisions from the recent past. Trying to declare war on management is about as stupid a suggestion as anyone could make at this juncture, but some will try. The alternative is actually working with everyone around you to try and assure yourselves that you have a future. ATCOs getting shirty with ATSAs just gets you a worse atmosphere in the Ops room. ATSAs moaning about the 'high-priced-help' will just make them more convinced that they would be better off without any assistance at all. The truth is we all need each other. The difference is how much, at different times.

I've worked for other companys. You have to trust me that this one isn't all that bad. Some outsiders [my wife for one] can't believe what cosy conditions we get. £20k for being a student? You're having a laugh.....

Okay. I won't wriggle. Fire at will......

DWB