PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finish CPL- yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 15:15
DvirShany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finish CPL- yes or no?

Guys,

I need your help quickly...

I started my CPL/MEP in November of 2019. I am known to have motion sickness pretty badly and despite that, due to the situation in the world of recruitment of new pilots- I went the flight instructor way and didn't do the IR. due to the pandemic, I had a flight here, 3 months break, flight there, two flights here and two flights there.
My initial plan was to test if the motion sickness goes away when I will fly a lot, but that didn't happen thanks to the pandemic and the flights were spreaded over months.
My flight school has contacted me saying that they think I will have problems becoming a flight instructor with the motion sickness issue, and I agree. the problem is, now that the world has turned crazy, is that I have no other options in the foreseeable future which makes me wonder if I should take a break and see where the wind blows. I am 5 hours on the twin and 9 hours of time building away from my CPL/MEP exam. Not sure if the Forum is only for Europeans so I guess it is worth mentioning that I have frozen ATPL and I am located in Europe obviously...

I have a month to finish the CPL before my time expires- I have received an extension until the end of August.

Right now I wonder if I should even finish the CPL, considering that I need to pay around 4000e from this moment to finish the CPL/MEP and am really not sure what I am going to do with it at the moment...

I would love to hear your thoughts, what would you do in my place? It's a very weird situation that I really didn't expect to be in now...

Thanks in advance! if there's any info missing, let me know.