PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N Registration SEP in the UK
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 14:29
SoFarFromHome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your replies and all the valuable information.

Genghis,

Thank you for your input and advice. Sadly I am not in a position to build and won't be for a number of years. I have a great deal of respect for the builders but I am really not sure I could do it myself.

RV's are pretty rare in the UK and that is why I am looking to cast the net a little further and see what other aircraft may be available. Having spent some time in the states and meeting a number of RV builders it was clear there are some fantastic people and it seemed a superb source of aircraft.

If I could find an existing UK based LAA approved aircraft that would be ideal but as has been said they are often seldom for sale long.

Mark 1,

Thank you for the information, that's great to know. I imagine there must be a way to remove the 28 day restriction ( unless I have misinterpreted that bit ) or it would be very limiting and for me at least, pointless.

I have emailed the LAA on a number of occasions with regard these questions but never got a reply. A little disappointing to be honest. I will continue trying to contact the LAA and be ready to pounce if a suitable aircraft becomes available in the UK.

Thank you once again,

SFFH