PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2020, 14:41
TURIN

Received 165 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Too Few Stripes
if you don’t like criticism, don’t post nonsense!
where else should pilots be discussing pilot issues?? The BALPA forum is only for members and many of them do not like the lack of anonymity with the fear culture that exists at many airlines. Not discussing other roles is not insensitive, it’s simply not normally relevant in a pilot forum. What bit of PROFESSIONAL PILOT RUmour Network do you not understand?

Any statement that starts with ‘I don’t want to be X, but....’ invariably means you are exactly X. You have proven the point perfectly but didn’t like being called out on it. Accept this IS a pilots network where pilots should, and will, discuss pilot issues. If you don’t like that then perhaps you need to find another forum ??
Where to start?

It is you that is spitting their dummy out. I very politly, I thought, suggested that when referring to the current difficulties we could use the term 'staff' instead of 'crew'. (The term 'crew' refers to flying staff not just pilots) Just an idea to maybe refrain from marginalising the vast number of BA staff who are not crew. I wasn't having a dig, but you have chosen to take it as such and then come across as elitist telling me and every other non-pilot to sling our hooks. Thanks for that. Next time you are stuck down the line, remember there is a vast army of non flying staff looking after your interests to try and get you, your aircraft, crew and passengers home.

This is a sub-forum within
Airlines, Airports & RoutesTopics about airports, routes and airline business.
It doesn't say 'pilots' only!
There are a number of forum within Pprune aimed specifically at non-pilots and also 'everyone'. Jet blast and the Computer forum spring to mind. This 'British Airways' forum is no different. I see posts on here from everyone, passengers, crew, ground staff, managers, admin the lot. It is not an exclusive pilot's forum. Get over it.