PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2020, 11:29
Easy Street

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
BV,

My reading of it is that if you didn’t switch to AFPS05 and you leave before 2022 then you have the option of going with full AFPS75 benefits. Note that you need to leave at either your 16/38 or 22/44 options or after age 55 to avoid premature retirement rates. The options (with any adjustments to reflect training returns of service) will be recorded on your file because they remained extant if you had any AFPS75 history, even before McCloud. If you are within a year of an option then there will be some arguing with CM to do... they might say you have left it too late to activate your option; you could try saying the pension announcement has changed the calculus and merits special consideration. I suspect there will have to be some sort of class settlement on that... luckily for the RAF I suspect the economic situation will probably stop there being a stampede for the exit! Taking an option can be rescinded later without impact so I’d suggest talking to CM pronto if the one-year cutoff is likely to be a player for you.