PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of year Restructure
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2020, 16:46
Curry Lamb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by controlledrest
Management expects the company to survive and others to fail (Air Asia and HK Airlines are obviously on the edge of collapse). They then hope to make serious $ again.
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, if I were you.
The company just announced a 10 billion HKD (yes billion) loss for the 1st half of this year, and doesn't expect things to improve anytime soon.

Read "deep structural changes coming" (aka laying off staff) rumours are 800 - 1000 pilots.

The companies woes started many years ago, with incompetent "management" clowns treating staff with utter contempt, fast forward to the Trade War, protests, the china virus and now the security law, that will be the final straw.

Expats are packing up, companies are shipping out. HK is fast becoming just another chinese city, and CX just another chinese airline, that will have to compete with the other big boys. It's going to be survival of the fittest (or deepest pockets in this case), and with CX already having to survive on handouts from the taxpayers, I'd hold of buying those CX shares. But that's just me.