PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet : Safety Culture : Using sickness absence to select for redundancy
Old 16th Jul 2020, 15:31
Kefuddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty sure LIFO as a tie-breaker would be pretty uncontestable...depending on how strong the high priority selection criteria are. Easy wants to lose a hell of a lot of pilots, a demographic which is very similar in capability and performance. The only thing that really differentiates us is tolerance to fatigue and illness. Most pilots go for many years with very few sick episodes. Then one year something goes wrong and you're in and out of the Doctors for some ailment that in any other job would not even be the slightest issue. Using sick to differentiate in this job is just insane. But, then again it just follows the insanity of the law that defines it. For the record, I am in the firing line either way. But I would be more at ease losing my job fairly and not through some abhorrent malignant process that damages everybody from employees to passengers across all airlines.