PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF pulls the plug on international flights to March 2021
Old 16th Jul 2020, 08:25
Australopithecus

Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Bodie1
I'd suggest that the lockdown zealots will not be able to watch that 2 minutes with an open mind or critical thinking. I'd suggest that the lockdowns won't finish until those sucking on the federal government and state government teats start losing their jobs, until the boomers start losing their franked dividends and the banks don't pay dividends for a couple of years. Then we'll start hearing the whinging.

We hear incessantly the 'what about if your dad, mum, brother, sister gets it?' Well, we'll be starting to hear about the people taking their own lives in the next 6 to 12 months, this pressure takes time. Anyone who knows a ambo or police officer will be hearing about the extras they're picking up.
So a sole economics professor thinks that we have a binary choice: Save lives or save jobs. The only country experimenting with that approach (Sweden) has a death rate 5-12x higher than its Scandinavian neighbours, yet its economy has contracted pretty much identically to those countries.

If you ever attended University you would know that there are some crackpot professors around, and legions of really quite good ones. Just like I don’t heed anti-vaxxers and climate deniers, I eschew people of whatever qualifications advancing ideas that are self-evidently wrong.

Must be the boomer in me.

Last edited by Australopithecus; 16th Jul 2020 at 08:26. Reason: Punctuation