PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas schadenfreud.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2020, 22:18
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Pondoklabu:
Your constant boasting of business contacts to prove to all and sundry your not some washed up has been.
and finally 3 and this is my favourite , I have literally lost count how many times you threaten to leave this forum but alas never have.

Before ranting about your purity of intent mixed with the greater knowledge about everything, how about you look up what Schadenfreude
actually means, then try and explain why seeing good people having their lives destroyed gives you pleasure.
Noel Annan told me his definition of Schadenfreude, a term the Germans will tell you is untranslatable: “the feeling a poor man who has no car feels when he is standing in the street and sees two brand new mercedes collide in front of him”.

My post was a warning to Qantas not to indulge in Schadenfreude as. they may go the same way as Virgin if they aren’t careful. You can look up Noel as well if you like. I can’t help about business and other contacts but I value friendship with my local CFA mates just as much if not more.