PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet : Safety Culture : Using sickness absence to select for redundancy
Old 12th Jul 2020, 21:57
Tick Tock Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phensocks
The only issue with your ideas Tick Tock Man is that it’s not a level playing field. When you have a young family and the germ hibernators are in their early years you catch everything going. Pilot’s with young children generally have higher sickness than the folk with no children. Where is the level playing field?
It's a level playing field in law whether you like it or not. I've got young children and I'm forever catching things off them. Do you think if I'm selected by easyJet in a few weeks I will get a pass because I'm exposed to more germs?

Some people are going to be off sick more than others through no fault of their own and they'll get thrown out with the chancers. It's tough luck but it's legal. I'm not supporting it, I'm just saying that is why Balpa will not force easyJet to remove the sickness criteria if they don't want to.

Last edited by Tick Tock Man; 12th Jul 2020 at 22:03. Reason: Amended for clarity.