PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas schadenfreud.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2020, 18:39
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Fool Sufferer, sadly yes. I am deluded. A former Bank Chairman voiced his concerns without any prompting from me and he told me he was not alone in his concerns. He must have been deluded too.

I take very strong exception to your characterisation of any of my posts - ever - as being “ violently hostile“ to any employees of Qantas - ever, and I ask you to withdraw your assertion or point me to such a comment so that I can apologise. I have nothing but respect for the professionalism of their operations staff which I still would characterise as the best in the world.

As for the senior management of Qantas and it’s policies, yes I am highly critical, but again I utterly reject any suggestion of impropriety on my part. The Board and senior management are fair game.

The only bright side I see for Qantas and a lot of other companies going through this extremely painful time is that it is an opportunity to get businesses back to basics - focussing on what really matters to their customers and not faffing about with management theories.

In the case of Qantas, that should bring them to take a long hard look at the outsourcing policies that among other things, destroyed their magnificent Australian engineering capability and their marketing policies that I assert were Sydney - centric to the detriment of the rest of Australia.