PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet : Safety Culture : Using sickness absence to select for redundancy
Old 12th Jul 2020, 11:41
Slfsfu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennytheking

TBH I don't see a problem with LIFO. It is the most impartial way of making people redundant. The moment you move to any form of "metric", you are effectively using performance and you are effectively "booting out the rubbish". You are unnecessarily tainting those being made redundant......let's face it if you were employing would you rather employ someone fired impartially through LIFO, or someone who has been fired for performance?

I, for one, think you SHOULD use performance. Indeed I think it is the primary criteria. The "rubbish" should be exactly the ones to go. The airline business is just like any other business, it is there to perform a function/product that it can sell to others. The more successful it is the more it grows and the more people it employs. LIFO is a crude method of selection and a relic of the trade unions in the old nationalised industries - and didn't they do well