PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF pulls the plug on international flights to March 2021
Old 10th Jul 2020, 09:27
Green.Dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MelbourneFlyer
Delusional. This will not cost Australia "millions of jobs", nowhere near that, but it we don't get this under control it WILL cost us many thousands of lives. Jobs lost can come back. Lives lost cannot. New jobs can be found. New parents, siblings, children, aunts and uncles, friends and colleagues cannot. I think if you began to lose people close to you due to COVID-19, and you saw their suffering, or if you caught it and survived but with the lifelong illnesses that affect many survivors, you would change your tune. I hope that doesn't happen, for your sake.
It already is “letting rip”. We had one chance to stop this. We almost did, when society didn’t know the mortality rate and people were scared of dying. Now when there are 288 cases recorded a day and climbing, the average Joe and 19 of his mates think it is still ok to order a bucket of KFC and have a house party at 130am. I.e. we have next to no chance of containing it second time round.

Dan Andrews has messed up, BIG time. Name me any leader, in the history of Australia, that has made an f-up even close to the same magnitude as this that threatens the entire future of our nation?

If anybody can I will shut up.