PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2003, 11:44
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a member of AOPA for over 30 years I applaud the comments of Ron B and am most disappointed that he has obviously been threatened in some way. It is good at last to see open comments from some Board members - the first time in maybe ten years. (provided they speak in accordance with policy and in a responsible manner) It is also good to see the Presidents face on TV.

All the actions of members must always be in the best interests of AOPA. This especially applies to Board members. It is always sad to see the egos that seem to explode once the status (?) of Board member is achieved.

Marjorie had her opportunity and she failed, so now that she has chosen to move on, she must let it be and as a previous scribe said don't bring down the pack of cards on the way out. It will only backfire in the long run.

I might add that I supported Marjorie at election time, but her failure to listen to the membership together with some poor decisions only brought about the circumstances we have seen of late. It was only a matter of time !

Ron Lawford has taken the reins and we should all support him and his team. Yes there are one or two bits of dead (rotting?) wood still on the Board, but I am sure they will get the message and move on also. Once that happens we can move forward as one again.