PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carmody walks the plank
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2020, 00:09
mindsneak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Mindsneak, I suspect that Carmody has realised that he is unable to manage CASA in the sense that he has no aviation experience himself. Such an idea - that relevant experience is required of the thing you wish to manage, is regarded as outmoded by the purveyors of business courses and it is unfortunately not true.

Carmody would not know when people were talking bull**** to him when it related to aviation and that would have worn him down.

There is also the fact that the previous occupant, Skidmore, didn’t last either.

The departure suggests that maybe the alleged “iron ring” of immovable middle management is not a myth.
I actually could not agree more with you more Sunfish.

The next replacement should be someone who has actual and extensive relevant experience within the aviation industry. I understand to a degree the logic employed by the people who develop the business courses. However, I do not believe that there are many industries that are as heavily regulated, technical in nature and important in terms of public safety as aviation. It would make complete sense to me that the next director has relevant experience within aviation so he can effectively manage and communicate with those above and below him at all levels regardless of technical expertise.

I was just trying to make the point earlier that I believe between the board and McCormack's office that this may finally for once be achieved! After all they do say that "the true definition of crazy is doing something over and over again but expecting different results! Maybe it will be third time lucky?