PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contacting BA Customers Services
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2020, 09:31
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by zed3
Frustrating, how can WE the paying and appreciative customers hit back at these aggressive and self serving, so called 'managers'?
Simple; do not fly BA again unless and until;

1. It ceases to be foreign-owned and controlled.

2. It has demonstrated over a 12 month period that its customer service responds consistently within seconds to a call or email, and does so with an immediate, comprehensive, effective and customer-friendly resolution of the problem.

I'm well aware that there is no airline in the world that presently operates to those standards, and many a great deal worse. But as people start travelling again they will do so in many cases with bitter memories of their treatment, and this goes in spades for BA. If BA cannot get up to those standards it's time to remove the word British from their name, as being a marketing con. They should be forced to give up the majority of their slots at London's airports to be auctioned among carefully selected competitors, who must be UK-owned and managed. BA could continue operating as Spanish Airways, or indeed merged into Iberia, serving a largely Spanish customer base from Spain. Back in the UK, passengers will have a choice of airlines competing hard for their business using their newly acquired London slots.

I know; dream on. But I shudder every time I see the word "British" on an aircraft that's leased or owned and operated by IAG, especially now when it has sunk to the levels it has over the last 3 months with its appalling behaviour to the customers whose money it was - and still is - illegally refusing to hand back. And of course its service and standards have been going steadily downhill for years since its ownership moved away from the UK.

It gives me no pleasure to write in these terms; I started in this industry with BOAC's induction process at Heathrow, with a sense of excitement at being welcomed into an organisation that we could all be proud of. Dear God, how long ago that seems now when we observe the shattered remnants of our two national carriers, BOAC and BEA, racing to the bottom under the control of some financiers in Spain with a contempt for British law, and for that matter for EU law, because they regard themselves as above it.

Last edited by old,not bold; 1st Jul 2020 at 09:46.