PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New video to ASA Chairman on Class E airspace
Old 30th Jun 2020, 09:03
Bodie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You claimed IFR in cloud OCTA is indicative of our "woefully inadequate airspace classification". How else do you fix it? There's only one way they'll never be OCTA.
Really? I have said right from the start of the Mangalore discussion that where traffic densities warrant, that Class E be implemented, NOT controlled airspace to the ground country wide. Big difference.

You may note that I asked a question on the Coffs Tower thread what the movements on the weekend are. I'm not advocating that CTA/CTR be implemented everywhere and damn the expense.

Worldwide, I think Australian ATC would be the most efficient? Movements x Per ATC x Sector sizes etc.

Ultimately it's not up to Dick what numbers are to be employed to run a modernised ATC system. I do quite a bit of flying in the US, I've seen how it works, it's not like Class E can only work in the US with huge numbers of ATC's. I'm sick to death of listening to the 'but who's going to pay.' It's patently clear that no risk analysis is done for the different airspace models in this country verse cost.