PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 13:17
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herewego75
Wow at least most of you on this thread can go back to their jobs as a medical professionals if you all loose your jobs as pilots ha ha ha!

I think before we see any redundancies a lot will change. Maybe we stay on our current COS, housing is/will be a thing of the past (HKPA for everyone). Everyone will be on 50% pay cuts, RRO for everyone. Lots and Lots to do before chopping us. The AOA is working hard to try come up with lots of ways to save jobs.

SAVE jobs should be the most important thing!
The question is are you going to give up a big portion of your salary to save the jobs of the junior pilots? I must say I will try help my situation and that of all the pilots in CX!
It is time to come together. Downsize in life for a year or so. This is a terrible time for everyone and remember that all the actions we take in the near future will have consequences for everyone!
You don’t destroy the contract to save jobs. That is airline union 101. Need an example? Ask the US Air guys how that worked out for them... Many of them lost their jobs anyways, and the rest had to work under a vastly degraded contract that never improved until they merged with AA over two decades later. You keep the contract(s) in place, solid and respected. That way, we all have a job worth coming back to when the business returns.

I’m all for leaves without pay, part time work arrangements, early retirements, etc to give those at the bottom a better chance, but NO CONCESSIONS!!! Junior guys at ANY airline know they are vulnerable. That’s part of being junior. And don’t tell me about the Virgin pilots. We aren’t them, and they aren’t us. I’m far more interested in looking at airline unions that defend their contact and seniority lists.