PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 01:54
WYOMINGPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by av8tordude
I'm already steps ahead of your advice. We have already retained legal counsel and have assembled a few people who are financially able to contribute into the fund. I was not seeking advice, if you read my post, nor did I come here to vent my complaints. My original post was to try to band together to force these airlines to pay what is legally due to us. But clearly some people just want to lay down and take it in the arse with the heads in the ground without fighting for what they are legally entitled!

What you think is legally due and what the airlines think are two vastly separate entities. I hope for the best for you but paying 20k in attorney fees to try and gain back 2 months salary is only making your attorneys rich. Besides at some point KAL and Asiana are likely to require the services of Expat pilots in the long future. Having your attorney negotiate an acceptable settlement to just your group might be the best path forward before you exhaust any potential 2 months of salary in rapidly escalating attorney fees if this goes to a full Court trial. Good luck and keep us posted.