PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 01:51
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Sloppy Joe, politicians are supposed to do what gets them the most votes. This concept is called democracy.

Additionally, reason means judging a situation independent from your own situation. Your claim that an affected pilot with "above average intelligence" can't support border closures makes therefore no sense.

It also doesn't make sense to quote the low infection rates in Hong Hong and elsewhere as argument against border closures, these low rates are of course the product of border closures.

The comparison with the flue also do not make sense. Piles of dead bodies in cooler vans because the morgues were already full, as it happened in New York and elsewhere, should be a small hint. It is not the flue, and to claim it is even less deadlier than the flue is absurd.

There is of course no glory in prevention, but the simplicity of the arguments in here are really astonishing.

Have a quick glance at the situation and death rates in Brazil, that is what you get without action. I am very glad Hong Kong and (eventually) the UK reacted differently.

Note then that the economy in Brazil is suffering even worse presently, without a lockdown. The belief people would have just carried on with their lives, their businesss trips and exotic holidays, all in the midst of a global pandemic with overflown hospitals is of course an illusion. Note then that in countries with the most strict lockdown the economy actually recovers quicker then in those with more relaxed rules.

Nobody of us has any medical training or expertise, any experience, any training in fighting a pandemic or any knowledge in virology whatsoever.

On the one hand, thousands of experts, doctors, scientists from the best universities, virologists with decades of work and research experience,all recommend more or less the current strategy.

On the other hand, Prof cxorcist and Dr mngmt mole on pprune think it is all a hoax and borders should open up immediately because it's just the flue and a big conspiracy...

Nobody can presently say what the best strategy is with absolute certainty. It may well be other strategies would have worked better, but we simply can't say for sure at this point.I personally would not be surprised if in hindsight an actually even stricter lockdown wouldn't have been better, but it will be a question for historians to decide that. But if I have to decide now between a few disgruntled pilots and the global scientific community I think I might just go for the latter this one time.
I think you can put the plandemic/scamdemic about on par in reality with the 1967 Hong Kong flu (for which none of the incoherent reactions of the modern world were attempted). Real contagious, benign to most, devastating to some. And used as a vehicle by just about everyone everywhere to push their agenda and exploit the fear and political opportunity (including perhaps an opportunity for the commies to the north to rid themselves of burdensome citizens perhaps not fully dead while providing little meaningful care to others).

What swung things was the reaction of the US. The moment protests and violent looting kicked in (politically advantageous to a certain sector of politicians) any mitigation strategies were quickly thrown out the window in favor of letting the protests and violence happen (both by statists and the propaganda media). Shuttering businesses, churches, gyms, bars, restaurants, hairdressers, requiring useless masks in public, etc. while rioting mobs of people gathered unencumbered who scoffed at any type of precaution--fully endorsed by the same politicians who were dictating the shuttering. In fact, the individual toward which the apparent police brutality occurred got to have 3 unrestricted huge funerals despite the draconian sweeping ban on funerals for the citizens of a lesser god over the last several months. So as usual the common folks who follow the rules got slammed and scammed while those in favor with the statists got to do whatever they wanted.

You can't have it both ways.

FWIW, the states which opened first fared no worse (and to some extent better) than the shutdown states. So like the Hong Kong flu it didn't really make much difference in terms of 'science' but did in terms of economic destruction.