PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 00:17
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WYOMINGPILOT
Complaining and whining on pprune won’t fix your problem. Your way forward is to consolidate as many pilots as possible into a blanket umbrella labor complaint and pool your money to get professional legal counsel to force the airline to pay your 60 days severance. If they soon go bankrupt you will have little recourse so time is of the essence to get a complaint posted before the airlines seek bankruptcy protection. Many of us Expats have been through and airline bankruptcy and received nothing and forfeiting our final months salary and zero severance pay. Airlines can try and make the argument they cannot pay you anything due to extenuating circumstances ie Force Majeure which is out of their control and paying the severance pay due would financially cause serious harm to them. Up to a Court to decide. I suggest you get professional legal counsel immediately. It’s like asking for tax advice on PPRUNE, that don’t work well. Get a professional Korean Labour Law attorney and pool your cases so as to spread your attorney fees out. Good luck.

I'm already steps ahead of your advice. We have already retained legal counsel and have assembled a few people who are financially able to contribute into the fund. I was not seeking advice, if you read my post, nor did I come here to vent my complaints. My original post was to try to band together to force these airlines to pay what is legally due to us. But clearly some people just want to lay down and take it in the arse with the heads in the ground without fighting for what they are legally entitled!