PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2020, 16:02
MPPCAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cxorcist
Amen and amen!

All this hand wringing makes no sense. We (CX) are at least 1000 pilots too many atm. Why the bottom 1/3 of the list has been employed for the last 6 months is a mystery to me. They aren’t needed or, in most cases, actual pilots with relevant experience. Retrain off the 777 fleet if necessary.

All the talk about furloughs from bases and force majeure are nonsense. Seniority is how the industry works, even at CX. This isn’t an Asian contract job contrary to some opinions. If CX wants to make it a contract job by force, get ready for lawsuits all over the world and be prepared to have very few (decent) Western expat pilots stay or ever join again.

The low-time brats living in 150m2 of Tung Chung are licking their chops just waiting for the demise of the expat so they can get promoted, as if CX won’t come for them next. It’s so sad and pathetic, and not that much different from the protesters looting and destroying big cities around the world. They want (feel entitled) to something that isn’t theirs. Grow up babies! Get out of your mama’s basement and put in the hard yards like the rest of us did. Handouts are not the answer.
I'm not wringing my hands Cxorcist. Far from it. I'm a B scale Captain and I can read what's in the contract as well as the next pilot. My point was things might not turn out as you expect or would like them to. Nobody knows.

Virgin Atlantic made pilots redundant on Performance / Disciplinary and then Fleet/Rank in that order. The contract was LIFO and was ignored. The reason Virgin gave was that they didn't have the funds to retrain pilots on to another type yet you suggest this is what CX should be doing at a time they are apparently losing 2.5 to 3 billion HKD a month. So this isn't nonsense, it's what's happening in another airline i.e. 'in the industry' as you put it.

The point I was making was that maybe CX will go down a similar path, that's all. As for lawsuits all over the world, well, that really is nonsense.