PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 19th Jun 2020, 11:10
Flyoveriraq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lee_apromise
Yeah, in Q2, KAL and OZ did better than expected due to their cargo growth, everybody knows that.

What I'm trying to say is, you guys are contractors, not permanent employees. You talk about unemployment assistance for aviation professionals. Tell me what kind of unemployment assistance local Korean pilots receive after EastarJet guys lost their jobs overnight. Nothing other than unemployment insurance benefits. Folks have become delivery drivers, laborers in construction sites, working in coffee shops and convenience stores.

The same goes to US pilots expecting to be furloughed on Oct 1st. A lot of folks are accepting the reality that they will have to drive trucks until they get recalled. The same for Canadian pilots who are on furlough as well.

You expect Korean companies to have foreigners on payroll whilst local pilots are losing jobs?

It's not me who is delusional, it's expats with sense of entitlements who are delusional.

Again, contractors are contractors, not permanent employees. Like BAe 146-100 said above, take it like the rest of the world.

You guys are not the only ones in financial burdens.
Again, even with a proper english you seem to avoid answering, but that’s all normal considering the level of arrogance showed in your post and previous ones....

I am proud to be a contractor and I choose it. I knew exactly what to expect and how.
I am not asking for korean unemployement, I am not asking to be paid instead of a local pilot, I am asking to have a fair dismissal if my services are not required anymore.
It is unjust, and extremely malicious, to avoid assuming responsibility on these terms and keeping expat pilots Unable to exercise their rights.