PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 16:35
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowFever777
The point is that the company is NOT seeking redundancies at this time. Extremely callous to want to see your colleagues be made redundant during this unprecedented time (yes, it is unprecedented, there has never been anything remotely close to this sustained level of destruction accross the entire industry). I suppose such callousness is made easier by dehumanising everyone junior to you with labels like 'snowflakes'.
Ya....I guess you can rationalize it any way you want. I don't see many folks dying of starvation so just don't see the drama queen factor of 'unprecedented' nor do I see it much differently than any other bust cycle which periodically routes the aviation industry. It's just that the aviation industry has had more of a boom in the recent years so when it busts the numbers are larger.

The company is not seeking redundancies so it can abrogate the provisions of the contract. To include seniority and required pay protection. It's a type of end-run to shirk the legitimate contractural responsibilities (which is why you have a contract in the first place).

FWIW I think it's pretty darn callous and selfish for people to join under ever decreasing sets of conditions deliberately undermining the contracts of those who are already working at the place, but what would I know.

Snowflakes sounds a great deal more human than scabs though. So I'll just stick with that. Folks that decide to sign up for something and then go out of their way to later circumvent the ramifications of their actions. And it's up to others to pay for the well defined consequences of them making the choices they knew about and made anyway (perhaps like in a seniority based system taking POS18 with the knowledge they'd be the first out the door if things went downhill). Or blame the lender for lending them money so easily for that yacht they later figure out they can't pay for.

Last edited by Slasher1; 18th Jun 2020 at 16:48.