PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 05:41
Progress Wanchai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said drfaust.

Although hypothetical discussions never hurt anyone. So my 2 cents;

Yes, we all signed a contract knowing what it contains. It contains the clause 35.3 as well as 32.3. Management used it in 2001 and have routinely used it ever since. I suspect they’ll use it again over the next few months. The financial payout for dismissal under 32.3 or 35.3 is fairly similar, particularly for expat crew. What 35.3 gives the company is the flexibility to pick and choose fleets and ranks that have excessive numbers without the need for training.

Yes, we could spend years fighting such a decision through the courts, but for what gain?
Senior crew holding their COS up like Trump with his bible outside St John’s Episcopal Church thinking that’ll save them might want to have a read of all of its contents. They might want to do some research into how management have previously used its contents and continue to use it right up to recent events.

So at this stage SLS is a shared burden for those that can afford it and are selfless enough to do so. Or we can all put our names into the 35.3 lottery hat.

Just my 2 cents.