PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Flying Badges
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 04:01
heights good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
Thanks for coming back with that info, LJ, I really appreciate it! So they remain a ground trade, even though we are told that their duties are becoming ever more airborne? That is an anomaly that one hopes will resolve itself eventually, but in the meantime honorary aircrew with a flying badge is a great improvement on Mess Steward with a CC ground trade badge. I hope that this plan succeeds, but it won't be an easy sell as witnessed by the hostility expressed on this thread and the 'Non-Traditional Aircrew' one :-

'Non-Traditional' Aircrew

So I can only wish it well and urge all who might be as disturbed as I by the opposition to any notion that RAF cabin crew be seen as anything other than airborne waiters to support this initiative. Feeding and watering is the least of the duties of any CC, civil or military. Their role is to safeguard the lives of their passengers, and they are trained and practiced to do just that. They need to be accepted as an integral part of an aircraft crew to fulfil that role. They need to be accepted as aircrew!

Honorary they may be, but Aircrew they already most definitely are!
we have ascertained that the documents dont support your hopes and dreams of mess stewards being aircrew. They are indeed waiters in the air who have also been given a bit extra training.

just let it go and accept your opinion is not based on fact, common sense or rational thought.

cabin crew are a role fit, end of discussion.