PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2020, 18:59
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the main concept in all of this is getting lost. CX likes to parrot the mantra of "family"...but it's just a cover to use any given crisis to lower the AVERAGE pay and benefits across the workforce. They do it incrementally, each time. If they laid off people, they would then be forced by the mechanics of that process to effectively support the real value of our profession. Instead, they use their current method to lower the pay and benefits across the board, inch by inch, dollar by dollar. The junior pilots are happy because they have nothing to lose (at this point in their careers). Eventually, they wake up after 15-20 years, two and a half kids, probably a divorce...school fees, mortgages, elderly and ill parents and wonder why they have not a penny to their names. Well, it's because they started of with the prevailing logic that contracts don't matter.... CX will take SLS2 out of our pockets (well..not all of our pockets I must say) and THEN they will hit us with the REAL cuts. Naivety like i've never seen before....