PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines stop serving alcohol
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 21:00
18greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
Call me boring, but I've never seen the point in drinking alcohol whilst flying. You can't really enjoy it (though perhaps 1st class is another story), due to the flying experience. Add to that it dehydrates you thus making the effects of jet-lag worse, possibly ruining the first day or so of one's trip. Better to wait until at the destination as far as I'm concerned.
I wouldn’t want to judge you as boring, but for many people that first g&t or glass of wine on the aeroplane marks a massive destress point and says yes your holiday has begun!!!!

If you are a hardcore business traveller I can see the endless food, alcohol and attention can get a bit much. Hasn’t happened to me yet and since you are always jet lagged at the other end (if only from the stress of the security/ airport/ checking in /timings / weather/ threat of delay/ how much you paid for your seat compared to every one else/ will my baggage fit in the cabin/will my baggage arrive at all) you need a good stiffener to make any of it seem like fun.