PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 01:47
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STW. I'm not blaming the company for "everything that hasn't worked out in my life". I am calling out the company for what I know is a cynical and soulless strategy to create extreme levels of expectation management amongst the crew. The based pilots are fearing for not only their jobs, but the very basis of they and their families stability and existence. The HK pilots are being subject to daily articles in the SCMP, the chinese press and CX's own statements that all contain a foreboding as to the future. I understand completely that this current situation isn't of CX managements making, but I certainly hold them accountable for how they manage it. Don't doubt that when the hammer comes down, it will likely be a difficult day for all. The fact that this crisis has been ongoing now for almost 5 months, without any real direction or specifics from our management leaves them as the industry outlier. Don't attribute that to any sense of magnanimity towards the crew from our management. It is simply that it suits them in the overall strategy they are unveiling. CX management have spent 25+ years attacking the conditions of the aircrew. They have just obtained 5 billion USD from the HK Govt, and also sold 6 777's which alone provides them with enough capital to weather the storm. Ironically, if they leave things much longer, there will be too much light on the horizon to justify the most serious outcome. For that reason alone, I suppose the delay may prove fortuitous. It's the apparent complete lack of strategy towards the future that is most disturbing. Watching the serial debacles of the past 25 years I can't say i'm surprised by the current situation. Ultimately, this company has the best aircrew body in the industry, and they need to respect them and treat them properly. We'll see...