PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia to become more like Virgin America?
Old 15th Jun 2020, 20:36
RodH

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
It would seem quite likely that VA will start up again but in a different format.
It would be a great pity IMOP for them to ditch the fabulous Business Class that VA had , mainly on the B777 and A330's.
Having flown both VA and QF in both Classes quite a bit i would say without any doubt the onboard service of VA is better than QF but on the ground QF win hands down with their rather good lounges.
VA were doing quite well in the late stages and were on the road to profits until Covid-19 well and truly stuffed that!
QF have always had an advantage with Corporate travel as they got most Govt. Contracts and the attraction of their far better lounges did not help VA win many Corporate flyers over either.
Dropping The VA Business Class as it was would be quite a shame as it will just give the leprechaun everything he wanted , total dominance in the Corporate sector.
Without any reasonable competition in Business Class QF can write their own rules and fare structures.
Sad to see a piece of aviation history and service go down the gurgler.
I guess the bright side of things is that hopefully most VA employees will have a job and that's the most important thing but my comments are only about Business Class demise in VA.
Maybe the new owners will keep Business Class as it is but the reports don't seem to think that will happen.
I will really miss VA in Business Class.