PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 15th Jun 2020, 04:19
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots

To all who are may be interested.

As you know, Asiana Airline and Korean Airlines has placed the majority of the Expat pilots on unpaid leave due to the events of the current pandemic. While we all understand the difficult times the airlines are experiencing, this does not justify the blatant disregards to fulfilling their contract duties under Korean Labor Law. 4 Months ago, I have been forced to take unpaid leave, however nowhere in my employment contract states this is allowed. I have not received a salary legally owed to me since the forced unpaid leave. As of this writing, I just received notice that Asiana has sent my agency notice that my contract has been terminated with " 2-months notification” as provided in my contract.

I, just like you, am angry at the way we have been treated. When they needed us, we gave them full support without hesitation, but now when we need them, they want to turn the backs on us and throw away like trash. I don't know about you, but this is not acceptable!!!!

I would like be seek a reputable law firm astute in Korean law to seek compensation, but I cannot personally or financially do this alone. I need everyone who has been affected by this to join with me to fight what we are legally owe to us. If you want to join me, you may contact me.