PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LGCIU A320
Thread: LGCIU A320
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2020, 11:45
Royale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGCIU A320

I am relatively new to the A320, and I am trying to better understand the Landing Gear indication and the LGCIU's.

• With reference to the above text, the highlighted text in particular, is would seem the the Landing Gear Indicator Panel, works as long as LGCIU1 is electrically supplied, and even if you have a L/G LGCIU 1 FAULT.
    • Is that correctly understood?
    • How does this actually work technically speaking, I have read on the internet that its "Hardwired" through LGCIU1, if so is there any official documentation supporting this?

• On the Landing Gear Selector Lever there is a Red Arrow (2), which will come on when the Landing Gear is not down under certain conditions.
    • Where does this arrow get its information from, is that also LGCIU1 - the FCOM does not state this as far as I can see?
    • A colleague told me that the Red Arrow operates independently to the LGCIU's, and would work correctly even if both LGCIU's were lost, and even if LGCIU1 was unpowered, so that in the case of no Landing Gear Position indication after emergency extending the landing Gear, if the Red Arrow did NOT come on during approach the Landing Gear is down and locked. I cannot find any thing to prove or disprove this in the FCOM. Is his statement correct on not?

Can anyone with access to more detailed information than the FCOM for example Maintenance Manuals enlighten me on this subject, it would be highly appreciated.

I am only looking for documented information, all the "rumors" I can find for myself using google.

Stay safe and healthy.

Last edited by Royale; 12th Jun 2020 at 13:04.