PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR Holders Verses Work Permits
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2020, 11:50
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thread started by talking about HKA laying off Permanent Residents and retaining pilots under General Employment Contracts. Under the guise of HK basic law this is not allowed. There has to be a justification made under the General Employment Contract to the HK Immigration department as to why the local work force was unable to fill.Eddys quote.

For all the CX me me pilots who claim the locals want roger from bendigo as a skipper?

Y
ou do know hes been talking about HKA and their policy of how they fire people the whole time. If you bothered to read from the start.

Eddy I hate to say it but if someone's dead weight doesn't matter if they're PR or not. why would you keep someone that shouldn't be doing their job just because they have done their 7 years or whatever? HKA has barely 30 pilots who are HK passport holders( 98% are still employed in flight ops)The rest(all foreigners) got citizenship due spending the required 7 years or greater here.

Some of the names mentioned that were let go shouldn't be managers at McDonalds let alone in command of an A330.

I feel for you if you've been affected but your rhetoric is starting to sound like a "have you been involved in an injury at work" claim.

I'm sure relevant parties that want to go down that route will try, but the cx brethren are correct, you wont stand a chance if you want to take HKA on

Have you ever thought hk immigration might be in agreement to keep a competent person on a work permit rather than a liability that's managed to claim citizenship.

Last edited by SW1; 11th Jun 2020 at 13:06.