PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 9th Jun 2020, 23:48
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lfbb
25% salary reduction, this is a clear violation of the signed contract... since we know a labour lawsuit would be impossible in Qatar I was wondering if anyone could pursuit such a thing abroad? Any idea on where to start? Maybe the labour home country?
I'm going to be devil advocate here...

In 25 Oct 2014, an internal memorandum was email to all QR Flight Deck with the subject "Flight Deck Pay Review". Without detailing the entire letter, but basically, it summarizes the following...

5% increase on entry level salary
Step increase 3% per step
Captains get 8% steps for 4th & 6th year
15 % increase on Flying Hours.
Double hourly flight pay after XXX hours

To those who feel a permanent 25% pay cut is a contract violation, did you feel that way when the company generously change the T&Cs of your contract? Did you file a file a grievance with the company or courts because they change the terms of your contract???

Please come down off your high horse!!! Be thankful it'is only a 25% pay reduction rather than a 100% job loss.

Try to remember, there are thousands of pilots who have it worst then you do. Be thankful and grateful and reflect that you be OK with a 25% pay reduction.

BTW, I'm no fan of QR because i was unfairly treated, but at the same time, I no fan of those who complain about a 25% pay cut either!