PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keeping ME IR current or not
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2020, 16:03
Hawker400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOO-LOW-TERRAIN
But is there actually a requirement for you to have a valid ME IR from a CAA / EASA point of view in order to start a TR.
Short answer is yes. You won't be allowed on a type rating course without a valid ME-IR. Airlines request because they won't bother dealing with someone who can't hop on a course right away, especially if it's your first TR.
​​​
FCL.720.A(d)

​​​​​
(d) Multi-pilot aeroplanes. An applicant for the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall
be a student pilot currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the
following requirements:
(1) have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC on aeroplanes;
(2) hold a multi-engine IR(A);
(3) have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in accordance with this Part;
and
(4) except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:
(i) hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes
Edit: I'll add even this directly from my CAA as was a surprise to me recently. Maybe clarify somethings for others.

TR A320 is always with IR – full name of rating is TR A320/ IR

IR/ME this is different rating. You needed it to could start your A320 training, but you can using it only to General Aviation planes.

TR A320/ IR – you have to revalidate every year on SIM A320 to could flight on A320 .

IR/ME(SE) – you have to revalidate every year to could flight in IFR on GA planes.