PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 16:23
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
BA is looking into taking legal action against the UK government over the quarantine rules. Seems BA thinks their business is more important than UK lives. This leads to the question as to why IAG has not taken legal action against other countries like Spain.

Maybe BA will now turn down taxpayers money seeing they have contempt for the British public.
That seems a little hysterical. It is quite clear that they are challenging it due to the absolute mess the Govt have made of not bothering with a quarantine when it was needed then chucking in a half arsed effort just as things are starting to get better, with most of the countries around the UK being a lower risk than we are. In other words they are needlessly penalising the travel industry no no appreciable gain in terms of Covid transmission risk. If this was implemented in March/April I'd be inclined to agree with your statement if BA were on about legal action then.

As for the taxpayers money/layoffs/new contracts, I am rather less on side with BA in that matter, I feel like they are trying to push things way too far in the cost savings department.